- You must read (at least) 8 books cover-to-cover within the specified dates. Each of the 8 books must be at least 120 pages. Audio books are permitted.
- It is recommended that your 8 books be selected from the following categories:
- Church history (any period)
- Life of any male Saint or Blessed
- Life of any female Saint or Blessed
- Classic English novel (e.g. from a 19th century author)
- Any classic novel translated into English from a foreign language
- Academic work of Catholic theology, philosophy, apologetics or Scripture study
- Spiritual life (prayer, virtue, Advent meditations, etc)
- Non-fiction (world history, etc)
- Participants should be regular attendees at either the FSSP community in the Sydney Archdiocese or in the Parramatta Diocese, or attend the Holy Family Catechism at Prospect or Lewisham.
- The challenge will commence on December 4, 2022, and will end on January 29, 2023.
- Please register by emailing Fr Gilbride: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once registered, Fr Gilbride will send you a private link to a Spreadsheet where you can write in the title of your completed books.
- The prize for anyone who completes the 8-book challenge will be a $25 voucher.
- For children, your participation in this challenge should not be an occasion for you to neglect more important duties e.g. work, study or chores.
- Suggested online shops where you can buy new books:
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of Fr Gilbride.
Parramatta Latin Mass Chaplaincy
Served by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter