Legion of Mary
Our Lady Help of Christians Praesidium – Girraween
What is the Legion of Mary?
The Legion of Mary is a lay vocation. Members are called to holiness
through prayer and action. Just as St Vincent de Paul focuses on the Corporal Works of Mercy, the work of the Legion focuses on the Spiritual Works of Mercy.
What experience do I need?
No special experience is needed – just a love of Our Lady, of the Faith and of people.
Work that we do at Our Lady Help of Christians Praesidium, Girraween includes:
- Catechists for our Catechism classes
- Visiting Pendle Hill Nursing Home
- Visiting the sick and elderly parishioners in their homes and/or hospital
- Picking up people for Mass and devotions
- Taking the Legion statue of Our Lady to homes who have requested it, and join the family in saying the Rosary, and picking it up a week later
- Manning the book barrow in a public place
- Manning the Legion table at parish events
- Door knocking
- And other work as occasion arises
Come along to our meetings as a visitor to see what we do.
Meetings are held on Mondays at 6.30pm.
Parramatta Latin Mass Chaplaincy
Served by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter